We are pleased to offer both face to face and telephone appointments with our GPs and Practice Nurses.
We operate an appointment system, to minimise waiting time and improve convenience for patients. Appointments are available between 08:30 and 17:30, Monday to Friday.
There are three ways to make an appointment:
Telephone - from 08:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday (closed Wednesday 13.00 - 14.00) on
0131 336 5432.
Reception Desk - from 08.00 - 18.00 Monday to Friday (closed Wednesday 13.00 - 14.00).
Online - via our 24 hour online system to book GP appointments only. Click the Online Appointments Service Tab for more information about how to register for online appointments.
- After initial registration, this system will allow patients to book, cancel or check appointments on the web.
Access the online appointment system
All GPs at the surgery are pleased to offer telephone appointments.
Telephone appointments are most suitable for:
* Review of on-going health problems and discussing progress of existing treatments
* Discussing test results
* Medication reviews
Telephone appointments are usually not suitable for anything that may require a physical examination and for new problems that you have not already seen a doctor about.
We offer telephone appointments throughout the day - please contact reception to arrange an appointment.
Please note that you will not be given an exact appointment time for telephone consultations. Please keep your phone handy to make sure you don't miss our call.
If you do not answer your phone the doctor will try again later. If you miss the second call this will be recorded as a non-attendance in your record and you will need to arrange another appointment.
In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice nurses are qualified to deal with many conditions and you may be seen more quickly.
If you cannot attend an appointment (including telephone appointments) for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
Appointment Booking Tips
- You are free to consult with any doctor in the practice.
- Please try to book an appointment as far in advance as possible.
- Patients with urgent problems will always be seen that day, although if there are no routine appointments available you may be asked to attend at the end of a surgery and wait for a doctor to become available.
- Please make a separate appointment for each person who requires to be seen.
- If you feel that you require a longer appointment, please inform the receptionist who will try to provide you with a double appointment as necessary.